Big Data has always been criticized for not having that much needed ‘Human Touch.’ If used in a user-friendly way in a right context, Big Data has the potential to become one of the most significant business disruptors of the 21st Century.
Humanizing Big Data can give us a way to get concrete plans of action or to make actionable insights.
Human Mind behind Data Humanization:
Present-day data scientists need a deep understanding of the consumer dynamics and social analytics behind human beings. How does a common layman/target audience use a given dataset? And how implicated are these behaviors among different user sets? It should be noted here that empirical formulae do not always reflect the messy, multi-variate and non-linear characteristics of the ‘real world.’ The professionals must have an excellent understanding of consumer behaviors and ask questions based on responses from an abstract audience. The data scientists of tomorrow are going to go big time socially.
Let’s see some factors that help in creating real insight :
1. Integration: Data integration from various sources is a crucial element. These can be mined data, records, warehoused data or the data collected from social media, etc.
2. Availability: Free availability of insights at various decision nodes. Centralized analytical tools make data more personalized and user-friendly to make easy decisions.
3. DeducePatterns: Contextual tools help you to merge the qualitative structured data with crucial unstructured data contexts.
4. Analytical IP Usage: Data objects are created and shared with top-level decision makers along the chain and gain increasing contextual focus as the data story proceeds forward.
Impact of Humanizing the Big Data in the Long Run
Customer journeys are complex involving a lot of independent experiences. Entire optimizations enroute are needed to ensure value.
• Experiment: Personalization opens up agile methodologies to witness first-hand what does/doesn’t work. With efficient ‘Customer Mapping,’ you can produce more insights, see direct applications to relevant actions and observe the full impact of your efforts.
• Correlate: Insights are always encapsulated and start emerging whenever you start asking the right questions. Personalized data can ensure that you take into account different factors like sentiments, intentions, time sequences, contexts,and pathways to see the bigger picture.
• Congregate: A real customer journey is the accumulation of different customer experiences over different touch points. Any individual experience can drastically alter this journey through a behavior change. Personalized data can allow for a seamless merging of all experiences, journey points,and impacts to give an understanding of creating innovative pleasant experiences.
Conversational Machines: Friendly conversations are always appreciated. Likewise, the future sees an increase in human-machine interactions and efficient data flows.
360 Degree Views: It will become easier than ever for MIS decision makers to see trends and predict outcomes with precognition. Putting together real-time 360-degree views of individual consumers will massively compliment the decision-making value.
Superiority: The future belongs to those that create opportunities for themselves. Companies that successfully humanize their BigData operations to interact with their clients more efficiently and effectively, providing truly superior products and services.
Concluding…Does your Big Data Tell a Story?
Personalized Big Data can narrate stories to potentially drive business value only if backed by the full data context and advanced analytics. Big Data analytics ensures you get the answer to why and how individual behavior occurred. Those who stick to crunching numbers won’t survive very long in the new age as their approaches become increasingly obsolete. It’s entirely possible that 100 years from now, people will look back and say it was right around the year 2018 when a standard happened. One can say with conviction that the future belongs to businesses that can use the right data at the right time, in the right place. Katalyst, in its various verticals, encourages data humanization for better services and transparent operations.